Hot off the press
The book My Unique Child: A Practical Guide to Raising A Child with Autism is now available for pre-order. Packed with practical strategies, ideas, and real-life anecdotes, this book is written for parents, caregivers, educators, anyone who interacts with autistic individuals and their families.
My Unique Child is a practical guide for parents, caregivers, and educators of individuals on the autism spectrum. In this book, you will find helpful suggestions for navigating the issues you might encounter during your child’s journey from childhood to adolescence and adulthood.
For bulk orders of more than 20 books, please get in touch with us via the contact form.
Within its pages, you will learn how to:
- Recognise your child’s strengths so you can provide appropriate support in his or her learning and daily life.
- Teach new skills without frustrating yourself or your child.
- Incorporate healthy habits into your lifestyle so you can ensure your well-being and see that your needs are met.
- Take small steps to build and nurture your relationship with your spouse.
- Effectively explain your child’s autism to your other children.
- Use everyday situations to teach your child to manage anger and other intense emotions.
- Teach the necessary skills to prepare your child for hormonal changes and puberty.
- Write and execute a transition plan so your child will progress smoothly from school to independent living.
- Hone your child’s social and other skills that are necessary for adulthood.
- Plan your finances so your child will be adequately provided for after your demise.
In My Unique Child, you will find helpful suggestions for navigating the issues you might encounter during your child’s journey from childhood to adolescence and adulthood. Information is delivered in friendly, bite-sized chunks, without falling into jargon or too many technical terms, using a skillful blend of practical advice and candid anecdotes. This book is a comprehensive and compassionate companion as families love and support their child with autism.
Pre-order your copy now, before 25 June 2018, to receive a signed copy of the book, an exclusive PDF copy, and a limited Unique Swag Pack.